Ofsted Monitoring Inspection Letter November 2015
Ofsted Report May 2015
Ofsted Report June 2013
- Students' progress is good in a range of GCSE subjects, especially mathematics, where students of all abilities approach their work with confidence.
- The progress of disabled students and those who have special educational needs is good. They receive effective support in class and in small groups from staff who match work well to their individual learning needs.
- Students make good progress in the sixth form, which is well organised.
- Students behave well in class and around the school. The great majority contribute well to class discussions and they all say they feel safe in school. Their personal and social development is good.
- The new headteacher provides strong and effective leadership. She has made very good progress in developing a positive working atmosphere in the school. Students say they enjoy coming to school and staff feel well supported in their professional development. As a result, achievement overall at Key Stage 4 is improving.
- The headteacher and senior leaders have successfully introduced more effective systems for monitoring the quality of teaching, which is improving well. They have also made good progress in making available reliable information about students' progress.